Big Issue Invest (BII) is partnering with the Social Enterprise Academy to give BII investees and social sector organisations the opportunity to take part in a leadership development programme, called ‘Investing in Leadership: Leading Change, Building Impact’, in the North East of England.
We are delighted to be able to offer places for up to 16 charities and social enterprises, who have a premise in the North East. BII will cover costs of the course and travel costs.
Each learning day will be hosted by a charity or social enterprise across the region.
BII Deputy Chief Executive, Daniel Wilson-Dodd says,
We are really excited about this programme. It’s the first formal course we have been able to provide of this type. This will extend our work beyond providing finance. If we can find new ways to support investees, create and sustain social impact, then we can add even more value to the investment process.
Who is it for?
The course has been designed for social leaders of social enterprises and non-profit organisations and will give participants the opportunity to learn alongside a like-minded network of peers. The main focus is to learn how to achieve greater social impact and lead an organisation effectively.
What can I expect from the course?
- Increase your understanding of key leadership theories
- Take a leadership journey that explores, leading myself, others and my organisation
- Reflect on your leadership strengths and gain confidence in your approach to leading others
- Connect with a group of likeminded individuals in a high support and high challenge environment
When does the leadership development programme start?
Starting September 12th-13th, the course will run over 12 days, with participants drawn from a range of social sectors.
To find out more contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access – The Foundation for Social Investment exists to help make charities and social enterprises in England more financially resilient and self-reliant so that they can sustain or increase their impact.
Access does this through two main strands. The first strand is the provision of blended finance and the Growth Fund is the first such finance programme. Made possible through grant funding from The National Lottery Community Fund and loan finance from Big Society Capital, it is focused on enabling the provision of the simple and affordable investment products that charities and social enterprises tell us they need. The second strand is Enterprise Development, through which a number of grant and support programmes are provided for charities and social enterprises who wish to develop earned income and start to investigate the possibility of accessing social investment.
The National Lottery Community Fund – We are the largest community funder in the UK – we’re proud to award money raised by National Lottery players to communities across England, Scotland, Wales and Northern
Ireland. Since June 2004, we have made over 200,000 grants and awarded over £9 billion to projects that have benefited millions of people.
We are passionate about funding great ideas that matter to communities and make a difference to people’s lives. At the heart of everything we do is the belief that when people are in the lead, communities thrive. Thanks to the support of National Lottery players, our funding is open to everyone. We’re privileged to be able to work with the smallest of local groups, right up to UK-wide charities, enabling people and communities to bring their ambitions to life.
Instagram: Instagram: Instagram.com/TNLCommunityFund
For funding and general enquiries call:
Advice Line: 0345 4 10 20 30
Text Relay: 18001 + 0345 4 10 20 30
For press enquiries call:
Press Office: 020 7211 1888
When people are in the lead, communities thrive 4
Out of hours media contact: 07867 500572
Big Society Capital
- Big Society Capital improves the lives of people in the UK by connecting social investment to charities and social enterprises.
- We know that investment can help charities and social enterprises achieve more. We believe the greatest chance to improve lives comes when investors and enterprises are both motivated by social mission.
- Big Society Capital engages with investors, fund managers, charities and social enterprises to make it easier to use social investment. With their co-investors, they have made over £1.7bn of new capital available to organisations with a social
mission, through investments into fund managers and social banks.
- Big Society Capital have a special focus on: providing homes for people in need; supporting communities to improve lives; and early action to prevent problems.