We are one of the UK’s leading providers of finance to social enterprises, community organisations, charities and businesses that are socially-driven.
What we offer
We can provide from £50,000 to £3 million in the form of loans, participation loans (where repayment is linked to the future performance of the enterprise) and equity. We do not provide grants. We can also partner with other social investors for investments over £3 million.
To be eligible for investment you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- a clear social mission with significant measurable, direct outcomes
- a strong management with proven capability to deliver
- good corporate governance
- that you have been operating for at least 24 months (newer businesses are considered on a case-by-case basis)
- a history of positive cash generation from trading or a clear near-term path to surplus cash generation
- a robust business plan and financial projections
- that your operations are based in the UK (social enterprises with head office in the UK but operations overseas can be considered).
We work with clients that have a range of legal structures and governance arrangements. Most importantly, you will need to show us that you will be able to afford repayment of the loan or investment. The last thing we want to do is to cause financial difficulties for an organisation that is providing a service in its community.
Our core social areas of focus are:
- Jobs, education and training
- Health and social care
- Social and financial inclusion
- Community development
- Community-driven environmental initiatives
Our finance may be used for working capital, property purchase or renovation, equipment and other capital expenditure or growth or acquisition.You can use our calculator to work out your loan repayments.
You can read about some of the organisations we have financed on our investment map. Please fill out our online application form if you’d like to apply for investment. This will help us to see if we’re the right organisation for you or if we can help suggest an alternative.